Hannah Neale is an illustrator living in London with a comedian and a cat. She spends her days drawing and fending off occasional feline sneak attacks.
Karin Lefranc teaches kids manners and yoga in Connecticut, where she lives with her husband and four children—three girls and a boy. Sometimes they need to go on a quest to find good manners, but they usually find them by the end of dinner.
10 Facts You Probably Don’t Know about Karin
1. She has lived in five countries: Sweden, Lebanon, South Africa, England, United States
2. While she doesn’t have a lot of time these days, she loves scubadiving. She has encountered many delightful creatures under water, including moray eels, parrot fish, clown fish, manta rays, seals, octopuses and yes, one shark–a somewhat friendly nurse shark.
3. As a child her pets included a horse, a dog, a cat, two bunnies, one guinea pig, a chameleon, and shoe box of silk worms.
4. She loves cheddar cheese with orange marmalade sandwiches.
5. King Hussein of Jordan waved to her and her mother at the Beirut airport a long, long time ago.
6. She has broken both pinky fingers falling off horses, which she has done more times than she can remember. Her pinkies remain a little wonky to this day.
7. She once looked after a friends tarantula for 3 months. His name was Thingymabob, and he was surprisingly furry…
8. She practices bikram yoga. Yes, that’s the hot yoga done in 105 degrees. Not to worry, it’s only 1 and 1/2 hours and 26 poses…
9. When she turned 40, she became very annoyed with her eyes, which suddenly refused to read small print. She now owns lots of reading glasses, which she leaves on couches and stairs and tables, and which her family often encounter with a crunch.
10. Her family’s pets now include a dog, two hamsters and a cockatiel named Potter–yes, named after you know who.